Agile Coach for Scaling in Automotive Electronics R&D Projects (SAFe)
Agility in the automotive industry offers a chance to push your creativity to the limit. The highly dynamic markets, corporate structures, distributed development sites, and industry-specific regulations of this sector make for an exciting and challenging playing field. We apply our Agile in Automotive concept to scale agile practices in automotive electronics – from agile team to business unit.
We apply Agile@Scale, with our coaching teams working directly on site with our clients on programs aimed at transforming the development departments of these renowned automotive brands and suppliers. The transformation programs are rolled out in close collaboration with our Management Consulting.
This requires a varied range of responsibilities, from analysis and concept design to user training. As an Agile Coach, you’ll contribute your personal strengths and perspectives to our project team in roles such as consultant, coordinator, and trainer.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll apply your expertise directly within agile programs, deploying and establishing them within the client’s organization. And you’ll support development teams who are working on ambitious technologies – ranging from software to other mechatronics disciplines.• You’ll coordinate projects and their execution directly with the client.
- You’ll provide our clients with the guidance and methodological expertise needed to successfully activate new roles and processes within their projects.
- You’ll work with experienced colleagues and enjoy the mutual benefits of sharing and discussing ideas within our interdisciplinary teams.
What we’re looking for
- You have a strong command of agile principles and methods, and you are able to apply this knowledge in the specific context of automotive electronics. You have direct experience in working on projects and know what approaches will deliver success in different situations.
- You have put agile scaling into practice in projects. Ideally, you have participated in a transformation program either within your own company or as a consultant – for example SAFe at the team or program level, LeSS, DAD, or Nexus.
- Ideally you have experience in electronics development. And you are definitely capable of working in accordance with industry standards, especially process models such as Automotive SPICE or the ISO 26262 functional safety standard.
- You understand the challenges faced by our clients and can adapt to different positions and roles. You have the necessary empathy to meet your conversation partners halfway and build bridges.
- You view international assignments and different cultures as a source of enrichment.
Consulting Expert for Process Improvement Programs in Automotive Electronics
Connected systems, distributed development projects, and rapid project cycles – developing vehicle software and electronic systems is becoming more complicated by the day. Through our process improvement programs, we assist manufacturers and suppliers with the roll-out and management of new processes and methods in electronics development.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be responsible for the success of the process improvement program, from conceptualization to implementation. You’ll be in charge of coordinating an interdisciplinary project team and synchronizing their work across departments and divisions. And you’ll work directly with national and international clients in an exciting environment where complex systems and near production-ready technologies come to life.
- In terms of methodology, you’ll draw on agile principles as well as process and reference models like Automotive SPICE. You’ll share the necessary competencies and soft skills with our clients, empowering them to put improvements into practice in their project processes.
- You’ll work with experienced colleagues and enjoy the mutual benefits of sharing and discussing ideas within the team.
What we’re looking for
- You have many years’ experience with process improvements, ideally for entire programs. Of course familiarity with the ins and outs of product and electronics development would also be advantageous.
- You apply agile scaling concepts or established process models such as Automotive SPICE to the implementation of comprehensive improvement programs. Ideally you have experience with industry requirements such as safety management systems in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Armed with your methodological know-how and soft skills, you ensure that your interventions are actually put into practice in projects.
- You work directly at the client site, often in an international environment, where you enjoy collaborating with people from different cultures and fields and helping them to progress in their work.
We are systematically expanding our activities in the field of Functional Safety. As a result, we are currently looking to strengthen our FS team (automotive and off-road) by recruiting a Consultant in Functional Safety.
What you will be responsible for
- You will play an active part in consulting our customers as part of a variety of projects. The emphasis will lie on control devices.
What we would like you to bring on board
You have detailed experience working in hardware development.
- You have preferably worked successfully with control devices and have actively been involved in the development or integration of embedded systems, for example, in the automotive industry
- Apart from your interest in systems, you are also interested in process-related issues, for example, investigating how control devices can be developed effectively and efficiently
Ideally, you have already gained initial experience implementing safety standards such as ISO 26262 (automotive). We will support you closely by providing training to bolster your understanding of functional safety and Automotive SPICE®.
We are continuing to grow and are looking for dedicated experts for our ambitious improvement projects. With your expertise in electronic development, you will support our international customers in the automotive industry to restructure and reposition themselves.
We rely on strenghtes. Do you?
Whether as analyst, inspirator, coach or initiator – you will completely rely on your own strengths to control large-scale improvement projects effectively. You will give our customers the necessary impulses and structures to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of distributed development projects for electronic systems.
- As a consultant or adviser, you will lead improvement projects independently or in a team. In this way, you will assist our customers to structure their work effectively and pass on to them your experience and expertise.
- Regarding the development of organizations in the context of digitization, you know how to trigger change in established companies and how to accompany the necessary culture change.
- In addition to the definition of processes, your tasks will comprise gap analyses, evaluations of process efficiency, coaching, and the running of training courses and workshops.
- In large, multi-location projects, you will contribute as a member of an international team.
Your profile as a Management Consultant
- To promote the customer in a sustainable way, you have a repertoire of tried and tested methods. You are the right person for us if you do not simply apply methods and standards according to the book. Instead, you pay attention to what our customers need to resolve their problems.
- You can successfully solve complex project tasks. Your personality and your expertise equip you with the necessary skills and competencies. You have already been able to prove this in projects, in particular in the context of the development of electronic systems.
- With your entrepreneurial thinking, you identify opportunities and provide the impetus for further developments at our customers and Kugler Maag Cie. alike. Your strong communication skills allow you to speak on a par with development managers and decision makers. Ideally, you have experience in the use of agile innovation and development methods such as Design Thinking, Lean Start-Up, Scrum, Kanban, or Continuous Integration. Experience in change projects regarding automotive-electronics development will be of benefit, for example, in conjunction with industry standards such as Automotive SPICE® and Functional Safety.
- You show commitment and assertiveness. For international project work, we expect good knowledge of English.
With us, you quickly take over responsibility and you will be able to achieve much - regarding your own personal development as well as that of Kugler Maag Cie and our customers alike.
We offer you varied tasks at renowned customers and in advanced electronics development projects. International assignments are possible by arrangement. You work mainly at the customer.
At Kugler Maag Cie, an open team is waiting for you with colleagues of different professional and private backgrounds. Embracing diversity helps us combine different perspectives and develop unconventional solutions. Our diverse team comprises the entire age spectrum and colleagues from three continents, as well as the concentrated expertise in a wide variety of industries and specialist fields.
Personal development is important to us. For this, you have our consistent support. To pass on knowledge, we organize ourselves internally in Communities of Practice. Here you can exchange experiences and jointly develop new expertise. In addition, we encourage you in your continuing training activities and support you with mentoring and coaching. If you want to share your knowledge through publications - conference papers, white papers or publications -we offer you a suitable platform.
What’s different about Kugler Maag Cie
- We entrust you with responsibility and challenging assignments – because we trust you and your abilities. We make sure that you grow with each task and develop as a professional.
- You’ll work independently to a large degree – but you can always count on the support of your colleagues. None of your questions will go unanswered.
- Our diverse team is open and communicative. We believe that adding your perspective will broaden our view of the big picture. Many parts make up our whole – different personalities; a variety of competencies from many fields. Together, we develop robust and viable solutions.
- Our internal organization is based on communities of practice. This lets us share experiences inside and outside our projects and build a common knowledge pool.
- We provide you with an experienced mentor to help you reflect on your work and development.
- Our decision-making process is quick and streamlined.
- You can make a name for yourself at our firm. We support your initiative in speaking at conferences and publishing articles or white papers.
Does this sound like you? Then we look forward to getting to know you.
What do you need to do next?
Interested in shaping the future with us? If you are, then we look forward to getting to know you. Simply get in touch or email us your full application.
Once we have received and reviewed your application, we will get back to you as soon as possible. As starting dates always depend on specific circumstances, we can talk about that when we meet.