Aims and content
This 3-day course offers you a fundamental introduction to the CMMI v2.0 model with a focus on product development.
Training will provide you with the specialist knowledge and practical insights required to apply the model pragmatically in ways that make sense in actual business practice. The course lays a foundation for further CMMI training and prepares participants for taking part in official assessments as a team member.
In essence CMMI provides a toolkit that helps companies optimise processes and implement improvements. By applying tried-and-tested methods, the model offers a practical framework for achieving higher quality standards, optimising cost controls, meeting more deadlines and safeguarding customer satisfaction.
CMMI for Development course content
- Find out how CMMI can be applied to your business environment, based on agile or classic methods
- Identify powerful techniques that make it easier to plan and manage projects
- Introduce recognised improvements and ensure they stay in place
- Prepare for follow-on stages of process optimisation
- Gain insights into assessment principles and the levels they lead to
CMMI® Product Development V2.0 – basic concepts and excellence in product development (3 days)
- Day 1 and 2: Foundations of Capability
- Day 3: Building Development Excellence
- Approx. 9am – 5pm
- The number of participants is limited to 12
- The course includes a certificate of attendance, a voucher for the CMMI Associate Exam (worth $205), access to training materials and the model viewer, with download option (limited duration, worth $150), additional materials, refreshments and lunch
- Accommodation is not included in the price
- An understanding of software, hardware or systems engineering would be helpful but is not a prerequisite for the course