This course provides a systematic introduction to ISO 26262 and its practical application. If you were previously only partially knowledgeable about functional safety, ISO 26262, or maturity level models, this course will give you the complete overview you need to carry out your work in keeping with standard requirements and industry practice.
- Familiarization with the ISO standard 26262 and understanding why it is important
- Understanding how people should approach given tasks at different levels of the organization and in different project areas – especially to manage product liability risks
- Understanding the tasks and responsibilities of safety managers
- Understanding the different stages of the safety life cycle, including key tasks and work products
- Planning, managing, and monitoring tasks
- How to design processes to adhere to ISO 26262 requirements and the relevant reference model (Automotive SPICE®)
- An overview of architecture requirements under ISO 26262, especially relating to systems, hardware, and software development
- Collaboration with customers and suppliers in order to manage functional safety effectively
- How to prepare for a functional safety assessment
Introductory training, Day 1
- An overview of ISO 26262; the life cycle, stages, work products, connection with Automotive SPICE® and CMMI®
- Management of functional safety; safety plans, distributed development, safety validation, functional safety assessment
- The concept development phase; hazard and risk analysis, automotive safety integrity levels (ASIL), safety goals, safety concepts
- Functional safety after production release
- Supporting processes
- Trusting software tools
Introductory training, Day 2
- Requirements relating to specifications, design, implementation, integration and testing, especially with respect to systems, hardware, and software
- Safety assessment
- Methods for avoiding systematic errors, and recognizing and managing random hardware defects
- Validation of software and hardware components
Target audience for the introduction to functional safety
Managers and engineers at all levels involved in or responsible for the development of automotive electronics and software systems with a bearing on safety: team leaders, project managers, safety managers, developers, coordinators, and quality managers in development or purchasing at automotive companies or suppliers; anyone who needs a systematic understanding of ISO 26262, perhaps in order to adjust processes within their company.
- 2 days
- Approx. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Number of participants: approx. 12
You can confirm your booking directly through this website or by sending us your instructions. Once a minimum number of places have been booked for the course, you will receive immediate confirmation of participation. We will also send details about the location where the course will be held.
Ideal training for your company
Need more customized training? We can pull together an individual package to meet your needs and the requirements of your company. All courses run by our experts are also available
- In German or English
- In-house: at your actual place of business and exclusively for your company. Course content for your in-house training will be agreed with you in advance.
The comprehensive instructional material is included. You'll receive a training certification after the course.
Knowledge – straight from the experts
Our course instructors are recognized experts in their field. Our know-how speaks for itself: The course directors at Kugler Maag Cie have already trained many trainers themselves, who now also offer their own courses – but if you come to us, you turn directly to the original source of the knowledge.
Our training approach has been ingeniously pulled together to cover
- method skills, developed over years by our instructors, who also write books on these topics
- a treasure trove of expertise, gained through our involvement in industry bodies
- the very latest insights from our work as consultants
Our experience with international projects in a variety of industry sectors enables our instructors to directly answer any questions you may have.
Learning in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our courses. To make sure you can focus on the content of the course, we ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. All food and drinks are included, from snacks during breaks to lunch.
On courses lasting several days, we would also like to invite you out for the evening. This is a good chance to compare notes with other course participants and forge friendships.
Next terms: Introduction into Functional Safety
Location: Greater Stuttgart
Price: 1.300 EUR p.P.*
|Introduction into Functional Safety (Automotive - ISO 26262) |
1.300 EUR p.P.*
* All of the prices stated above per participant plus VAT and plus examination fee where applicable. Please take our attractive discounts into account.
Early-bird discount Guaranteed date Fully booked