Aims of the Kanban in Automotive in-house course
Participants gain an overview of Kanban in an automotive environment.
- Principles of agile methods and agile thinking
- Principles of Kanban including application, drawing on a detailed case study exercise
- Use of Kanban in keeping with Automotive SPICE® requirements
- Overview of course, aims, and agenda
- Introduction of course participants and discussion of expectations
- Introduction to the topics of agility, motivation, values and principles, underlying concepts and philosophy
- Interpersonal, personal, and cultural issues in the context of the overall setting and givens (hierarchies vs. independence)
1) What is Kanban and in what ways is it suitable for finding solutions to what kinds of problems or organizational requirements within a company in the automotive environment
- Underlying concept of throughput, constraints and buffers
- Business goals that can be supported by Kanban (throughput, time to market, ...)
- Designing a Kanban board including a set of rules (process mapping, WIP limits, speed lanes, ...)
2) Kanban game
- Playful use of Kanban for a better understanding of how it works
- Roles, meetings, process, active use of artifacts
3) Agile in Automotive – State of Practice 2014
- Results of the industry study conducted by Kugler Maag Cie between 2013 and 2014, and its use as a benchmark or stocktaking exercise
4) How can I use Kanban in keeping with Automotive SPICE®?
- Assessment of processes relating to problem resolution management and change request management
- Assessment of processes relating to project management
Target audience for the Kanban in Automotive course
Participants typically work in electronics development (OEM or supplier) and have front-line involvement in projects every day. They may be team leaders, group leaders, or project managers and they are expected to complete projects with military precision despite the conflicting interests of their own management, co-workers, and clients.
- Duration: 1 day
- From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The course takes place on our company premises
- The course places on emphasis on a fun learning environment so it is suitable for larger groups