Aims of the Scrum in Automotive course (in-house)
- The principles of agile methods and agile thinking
- The principles of Scrum including their application, drawing on a detailed case study exercise
- How can I use Scrum in an automotive environment and fulfill the requirements of Automotive SPICE®
- Overview of course, aims, and agenda
- Introduction of course participants and discussion of expectations
- Introduction to the topics of agility, motivation, values and principles, underlying concepts and philosophy
- Interpersonal, personal, and cultural issues in the context of the overall setting and givens (hierarchies vs. independence)
1) What is Scrum and how can it be used to find ways of solving specific problems or meet organizational requirements within a company in the automotive environment?
- Underlying concept, philosophy, and rules
- Roles, meetings, and artifacts in automotive projects
- Business goals that can be supported by Scrum solutions (flexibility, setting priorities, personal responsibility, ...)
2) Scrum game
- A playful way to discover Scrum and how it’s best used
- Roles, meetings, processes, artifacts – experienced live
3) Agile in Automotive – State of Practice 2014
- Results of the industry study conducted by Kugler Maag Cie between 2013 and 2014, and its use as a benchmark or stocktaking exercise
4) How can I use Scrum and fulfill the requirements of Automotive SPICE®?
- Assessment of process areas
- Project planning/project tracking
- Quality management
- Requirements and design
Target audience for the Scrum in Automotive course
Participants typically work in electronics development (OEM or supplier) and have front-line involvement in projects every day. They may be team leaders, group leaders, or project managers and they are expected to complete projects with military precision despite the conflicting interests of their own management, co-workers, and clients.
- Duration: 1 day
- From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The course takes place on our company premises
- The course places on emphasis on learning while having fun so it is suitable for larger groups.