With complex development projects involving modern assistance systems for automated driving, evaluating desired functions takes a considerable amount of time. PAS 21448:2019 takes this need into account. The standard lays down an evaluation framework for identifying and assessing any possible hazards for road users posed by target functions.
SOTIF (PAS 21448) focuses on the nature and characteristics of functions. Until now, ISO standard 26262 only dealt with avoiding malfunctions. This approach is no longer sufficient for advanced driver assistance systems technology used in autonomous driving. SOTIF establishes a methodology for evaluating target functions, also providing an appendix offering guidelines and examples of suitable procedures.
This SOTIF practical training is broken down into two parts
- introduction to the topic of SOTIF
- and resulting requirements for ADAS systems
- practical examples
- for applying the learned methods by focusing on typical project needs
SOTIF course outline
- What does SOTIF mean?
- The challenges of ADASs
- Definitions and terminology
- The approach at a glance
- The approach step by step
- Definition and validation of an acceptable false alarm rate
- Validation of SOTIF systems
- Verification and validation of detection systems
- Methods for working out improper usage scenarios
- SOTIF and safety analysis
- Managing self-learning AI algorithms in simulation environments
Target group for this SOTIF training
- Engineers who are familiar with safety-relevant electronic ADAS systems used in autonomous vehicles, e.g. safety engineers and systems engineers.
- Eligibility requirements
- General understanding of ISO standard 26262
- Understanding of autonomous driving, advanced automation or intelligent assistance system (ADAS)
- Understanding of technical English (teaching materials are in English)
SOTIF practical training organisation
- 1 day
- Approx. 9am – 5pm
- The number of participants is limited to 12.
Next terms: Practical training on SOTIF
Location: Greater Stuttgart
Price: 700 EUR p.P.*
|Practical training on SOTIF. Safety of the Intended Functionality |
700 EUR p.P.*
* All of the prices stated above per participant plus VAT and plus examination fee where applicable. Please take our attractive discounts into account.
Early-bird discount Guaranteed date Fully booked